Assistant General Manager9 décembre 2022
Assistant General Manager
(Note: For recent graduates this could also be a management trainee position.)
UNIBA Partners is a leading worldwide network of independent risk advisors and insurance brokers. Our 70-plus Partners and their clients operate across more than 130 countries. We are their global platform, providing them with infrastructure, know-how and marketing support. We closely work with some of the biggest players in the industry, such as AXA, Allianz, UNIQA, Zurich.
Our office is a small team who likes to have fun together, face challenges and find solutions to complex issues, while operating in a completely international and multicultural environment.
As Assistant General Manager you support the General Manager, ensuring that our Partners receive the support and answers they need, and that UNIBA’s key operations, events, processes and systems can run smoothly!
This role covers a broad range of areas including Partner care, event preparation and delivery, office management and more.
We hope you are technology savvy and keen to help us work – not more but smarter – improving our ability to provide excellent service to our fantastic Partners. Once you are operational, we aim to begin trialling a four-day work week.
What will you do?
You will be a UNIBA Partners’ ambassador, you’ll both promote our values and make sure Partners are happy with our services. You’ll become responsible for onboarding new Partners and their staff, become the main point of contact for many enquiries, ensure our Partner database is accurate, and that our Partners develop and maintain awareness of how the network can support their business. And we hope you’ll be vocal about new ideas and solutions – we are constantly seeking to be innovative and try new ideas.
We hope you love seeing other places – this role requires occasional travel. Our Annual Conferences have taken place in Rome, Singapore, Vienna, Valencia, Cape Town, Lisbon – the list could just go on! We’ll need you to assist our General Manager with all aspects of our conferences – from planning phase (destination search, venue scouting, registration & delegate management) to hotel & flight reservations for CEO & board Directors, visa applications, etc. Don’t worry – you won’t be alone in this – we have an amazing event management team who helps us deliver unforgettable on-site experiences for our Partners.
Financial & Legal
Support in invoicing Partners, book-keeping, preparation of annual reports (crucial for a financially stable company, right?)
We’d love you to be responsible for our office so it’s a place we don’t want to leave in the evening! Making sure that it’s always welcoming, the meeting room is ready for guests, and, if you have an eye for interior design: bring it on, our office can change with our needs and ideas!
What do we expect from you?
You will learn to communicate with both senior management and operational staff from companies across the world, both with our Partners and with external contacts and suppliers. Surely you are a good communicator? That skill will be very helpful in this role.
Our office language is 100% English – full proficiency of written and verbal English language is vital.
Diplomacy, confidentiality, common sense and a good sense of humour are important.
We hope that you are:
- Comfortable in a small office environment
- Positive, flexible and happy to create change
- True teammate attitude
- Culturally aware: open to working with people from all over the world
- Good listener
- Good writer
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Attentive to detail
- Easy going and open-minded
- Very service-oriented
- Computer literate
- A fan of travel!
What We Are Offering:
- Ability to make an impact in a passionate, human team
- Hybrid work – initial learning will be faster in the office, but once you feel fully on your feet, you will be able to combine home-office work
- Do you have an animal and don’t want to leave him/her alone at home? Currently the Chief Happiness Officer vacancy is open so feel free to bring your furry friend to the office – we love animals
- We want you to grow professionally and personally and will support this with training and educational opportunitie
- We are working towards adopting the 4-day work week – you can help us get there faster
- A competitive and flexible remuneration package, including state of the art medical insurance
- An attractive work space in an increasingly trendy part of Brussels
- Sushi days, dinners, sparkling drink evenings 🙂