Broker | Belgium Manager13 juin 2023
BlueBird | HR Solutions is an Executive Search & HR Solutions firm, born in 2021 and assisting our clients in the management of their growth. Our client, Texel Group, is looking for their new Broker | Belgium Manager.
About The Texel Group:
The Texel Group is a leading specialist credit and political risk insurance broker with clients that include first-tier global investment banks, development finance institutions, commodity traders and corporates and we have offices in London, Belgium, Singapore, New York, and California.
Credit (or “non-payment”) insurance is purchased by banks, corporates and traders looking to cover the risk of a counterparty failing to make payment under a loan or other type of credit exposure. The main drivers for such cover include regulatory capital relief, balance sheet optimisation and risk mitigation.
The Texel Group is a high-achieving Lloyd’s broker, and takes its corporate social responsibility seriously, including its work through the Texel Foundation. Since 2015 the Texel Foundation has joined forces with charities and social enterprises across 21 countries and supported more than 90 causes. Texel’s unique culture is collaborative, supportive, and sociable. Texel is committed to creating a diverse environment and values a culture of inclusion for all our employees where their individual strengths, thoughts and experiences can be shared. Our differences enable us to be a better team – one where we work more collaboratively.
We offer you:
- To work in direct collaboration with the Board in London, with a fully international scope and first-class clients
- To take on large responsibilities in the growth and management of our Belgium office
- On top of this, we offer you a competitive salary with bonus and a package including 15% Pension, 25 days holiday, Meal vouchers, Health insurance,…
Our Company Values:
- Teamwork and Solidarity
- Reputation for Expertise, Hard Work, and Innovation
- Empathy, Integrity, and Fairness
- Embracing Individuality and Empowerment
- Enjoyable working environment
Reporting to the Board of the Texel Group, the Belgium Manager will be responsible for the insurance distribution of Texel Europe and setting and implementing the daily policy of the company. The ongoing management of company operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
Duties of the Belgium Manager:
The specific responsibilities include:
- Manages the liaison with the Board of the Texel Group in London and the ongoing liaison with the Belgian regulator (the FSMA) and other relevant regulators (the FCA and the FINMA), as applicable.
- Implements the agreed strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the Company, formulates and successfully implements the daily Company policy (as agreed by the Board).
- Maintains the operational performance of the Company.
- Agrees, maintains, and supervises all in-force outsourcing agreements.
- Working within the local team and office operations, and oversees the audit, legal, compliance and AML functions of the Company.
- Responsibility for the compliance policies and procedures of the Company incl. AML, GDPR, etc.
- Responsible for the execution of Evidence of Cover (EOC) for Texel Europe in association with other directors.
- European Client Liaison
- Collaborating with the London Broking team in respect of certain clients. Including, but no limited to:
- Policy and Slip drafting
- Non-Binding Indication drafting and transmission to clients
- Day to Day written and oral interaction with clients and Underwriters
- Policy Maintenance through premium adjustments and ongoing client interaction
- Regular travel to meet with clients who are domiciled outside of the UK
- Generating new clients through referrals and leads
- Managing the claims process from initial submission to Xchanging Claims Services through to the ongoing recovery efforts post a claim
- Maintaining high levels of internal reporting to the Board of Directors through data entry onto Connexion and into the Projected Income spreadsheet.
- Ensuring clients are treated fairly and equitably
- Maintaining compliance with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Excellent command of English and French/Dutch
- Excellent knowledge of the insurance market and potential changes/threats to this market.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent awareness of the regulatory environment that surrounds the industry.
- A lateral thinker and able to use initiative to seek solutions to challenges.
- Empathetic and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Enjoys analysing risks and able to present these effectively to underwriters.
- Values diversity and takes pride in helping to build a team that brings together diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression.
- Able to create a positive working environment.
- Able to work with remote and international teams.
- Good literacy, analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.